Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School, August 2008

Jack:

You and Mom appear to be cut from the same groovy, tie-dyed cloth.

Thank you for not wearing all black. I don't mean to give you grief about the black concert t-shirts, especially since I buy them for you, but it is nice to see some bright colors. Crazy as it sounds, I worry that black might influence your mood.

And it is great to see you in jeans for the first time in years. I love your pre-occupation with the late 60s and 70s, from the hair to the music. I don't think there is anything that is particular to the "oughts" (is that how it is spelled), rather this decade is just a mash-up of everything that has come before it.

This is a big year that you have ahead of you. Deciding which school to go to next is going to be equal parts fun and scary. The good thing is that you'll have choices. And because you've worked hard and done well you'll hopefully be able to go wherever it is you want, whether it is Sidwell, Maret, GDS, JDS or Field. We'll help you with the decision, but ultimately it is your choice to make.

I love you.

Dad
Posted by Picasa

No comments: