Wednesday, September 24, 2008



After the National's game on Sunday - which you didn't want to go to but I think enjoyed - we took you to Nordstrom at Pentagon City to get a sports coat for the High Holidays and the upcoming Bar Mitzvahpalooza season.

It took about 10 minutes and Mom's intervention to go from a simple blue sports jacket to a full blown suit, two shirts and two ties. And you were psyched.

Mom has noticed, and I cluelessly haven't, that you are starting to really care about how you look. More to the point, looking good. That's so grown up. I don't remember when I went from hating having to shop for scratchy, uncomfortable clothes to being psyched about getting a new suit. I think I was in my 20s. You have me beat.

I still don't get the hair in the eyes thing, but Mom says that when she was a girl she dug boys whose hair fell in their eyes.

No comments: